Start the Lab Simulator by going to "Start" -> "CertExams.com" -> "Run Network+ LabSim" OR use the desktop shortcut.
This section describes the functionality of the Lab simulator module. Screen-shot of the Lab Simulator Navigation main window is shown below
1. Open Lab Workout Manual: This is a very important feature! It opens up the lab manual for practice. Within the lab manual, you can see several ready-made labs for exploration. The labs start from very basic configuration so that beginners will get benefitted. As you open the Lab Manual, you will see two options. a) Load Lab and b) View Lab. The first option loads that particular lab for exploration using Simulator. View lab will simply take you to that particular lab in the manual. But it doesn't load that particular lab. The screenshot Lab Manual is shown below
2. Open Lab Simulator: Click this button to open Lab simulator console window. Screenshot of Lab simulator console window is shown below.
3. Open Networking ESS(Notes): This option opens a Networking Essential manual , contains useful information for beginners. The screenshot of networking essential manual is shown below.
4. Help:By clicking this button will open a detailed help file of the Lab Simulator software.
5. Exit:Click this button to close the entire application (Lab Simulator).
Various types of lab supported are:
1. Drag and Drop type 1: Load the lab into the simulator. You can now drag the answer option made available in bottom panel and drop them in the placeholders present in the question image. Use "Show Answer" button to know the correct answers and "Verify" button to check your answers.
2. Console configuration lab: Load the lab into the simulator. You will now be presented with a console window which contains the network diagram and console area. Select device from network diagram and use console window to type commands and do required configuration.
3. Drag and Drop type 2: Load the lab into the simulator. You can now drag the correct options available on left panel and drop them right. Use "Show Answer" button to know the correct answers and "Verify" button to check your answers.