CertExams.com Simulator Lab Exercises Answers
Console Based :
Description: DHCP server provides IP addresses to its hosts automatically. You can configure DHCP server on EX series switches for one or multiple VLANs. Here we will setup DHCP server for one VLAN.
1. Choose device SW1 from network diagram and exit
2. Enter into configuration mode of SW1
3. Create vlan by name test1 with vlan id 10
4. Make the interfaces ge-0/0/0 and ge-0/0/1 members of created vlan
5. Create layer 3 interface for vlan and assign ip address for the vlan interface
6. Create DHCP services on the EX switch by creating a DHCP pool
7. Associate Layer 3 interface for created vlan
8.To assign ip address to PC1 click network diagram button and in network diagram window click PC1 icon from the diagram and type ip dhcp command to obtain ip address automatically from dhcp server
9. To assign ip address to PC2 click network diagram button and in network diagram window click PC2 icon from the diagram and type ip dhcp command to obtain ip address automatically from dhcp server
GUI Based :
1. Select device SW1 from select device drop down and click configure button
2. Create a vlan by name test with vlan id 10 , to do this click Switching > VLAN from left navigation pane
3. In Add VLAN window enter VLAN Name as test and VLAN ID as 10 and click Add button and then click OK button
4. To assign ge-0/0/0 and ge-0/0/1 interface to member of the created vlan again click Switching > VLAN from left pane , in Add VLAN window click Ports tab select ge-0/0/0 from interface port drop down and select test from vlan member drop down and click OK button
5. Repeat step 5 for ge-0/0/1 interface to make the member of vlan 10.
6. To create a layer 3 interface and assign ip address click Switching > Vlan from left pane and in Add VLAN window click IP Address tab , select 10 from VLAN unit drop down and enter 192.168.10.1 as ip address and prefix as 24 and click OK button
7. To configure SW1 as DHCP server select Services > DHCP Server from left navigation pane
8. DHCP Pool Information window appears click Add button
9. In DHCP Pool and Server configuration window enter DHCP subnet as 192.168.10.0/24 , low address range as 192.168.10.1 and high address range as 192.168.10.50 default lease time 1235, server identifier 192.168.10.1 ,Domain Name sample.com , DNS name server 192.168.10.1 , Gateway router 192.168.10.1 and click OK button.
10. Now to associate l3 interface to created vlan click Switching > VLAN from left pane and in Add VLAN window click IP address tab and in l3-interface Configuration select 10 from vlan unit drop down and test from vlan member drop down and click OK button
11. To obtain IP address to PC1 via DHCP server select device PC1 and select PC IPV4 properties from left navigation pane , PC IPV4 properties window appears select option button obtain IP address automatically (if it was not selected) and click OK button
12. To obtain IP address to PC2 select the device PC2 and follow step 10
13. To check the ip address binded to client and DHCP pool information select device SW1 and click Monitor button and click Services > DHCP binding to get client binding details and click Services >DHCP Pool to view DHCP server Pool information.
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Juniper Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI Interface.