CertExams.com Simulator Lab Exercises Answers
Console Based :
Description: This lab exercise demonstrates DHCP server configuration and DHCP client configuration on two routers and also shows the verification commands both on the server and the client.
1. Enter into configuration mode of device R1
2. Assign ipaddress of ge-0/0/0 interface as 192.168.1.1/24 and ge-0/0/1 interface as 192.168.1.2/24
3. Configure the dhcp server
4. Specify the low and high ip address pool range
5. Configure default and maximum lease-time
6. Configure the domain-name used by client
7. Configure DNS Server IP address
8. Configure the default-router address
9. Confirm the configuration by entering the show command from configuration mode
10. For the security zone (for example, untrust) to which the interface is bound, specify DHCP as a host-inbound service.(ge-0/0/0 and ge-0/0/1)
11. Enter into configuration mode of R2 and specify the interface ( ge-0/0/0) on which to enable the DHCP client.
12. Enter into configuration mode of R3 and specify the interface ( ge-0/0/0) on which to enable the DHCP client.
13. On R1 issue “show system service dhcp binding” command to view the addresses allocated to clients
14. Issue “show system service dhcp pool” command on R1 to view server ip address pool
15. On R2 and R3 issue “show system service dhcp client” command to view information about DHCP client
GUI Based :
1. Select device R1 from select device drop down and select Interfaces > Interface Configuration from left navigation pane
2. In Interface configuration screen select ge-0/0/0 interface and click Edit button
3. Assign 192.168.1.1/24 as IP address in configure interfaces screen and click OK button
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for interface ge-0/0/1 with ip address 192.168.1.2/24
5. To configure DHCP pool and Server select Services > DHCP Server from left navigation pane
6. In DHCP Pool Information screen click Add button , DHCP Pool and Server configuration screen appears enter 192.168.1.0 as dhcp subnet and prefix as 24 , Address Range low as 192.168.1.1 , Address range high as 192.168.1.100 , default-lease-time 1428700 , maximum-lease-time as 2356210 , server identifier as 192.168.1.1 , domain-name xyz.com , DNS Name Server 192.168.1.2 , Gateway Router as 192.168.1.1 and click OK button
7. For the security zone (for example, untrust) to which the interface is bound, specify DHCP as a host-inbound service . To do this select Security > Zones from left navigation pane
8. In security zones screen enter untrust as zone name and select ge-0/0/0 from select interface type drop down and click OK button
9. Again select Security > Zones from leftpane and in Security Zones screen enter untrust as zone name and select ge-0/0/1 from select interface type drop down and click OK button.
10. Select device R2 and enable DHCP client by selecting Services > DHCP Client from left navigation pane
11. In DHCP Client configuration screen select ge-0/0/0 from interface type drop down and click IP address from DHCP you can see the address assigned to the client displayed and then click Close button
12. Select device R3 from select device drop down repeat step 10 and 11 to enable R3 as DHCP client
13. To view address allocated to client Select device R1 and click Monitor button and select Services > DHCP Binding from left navigation pane
14. To view server ip address pool select Services > DHCP Pool from left navigation pane
15. To view the information of the DHCP Client , select device R2 and select Services > DHCP Client from left navigation pane
16. Repeat step 15 to the device R3
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Juniper Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI Interface.