CertExams.com Simulator Lab Exercises Answers
Console Based :
Description: This lab exercise demonstrates configuring the gigabit ethernet interface on a Jseries router and also setting other basic parameters like hostname, domain-name, name-server, backup router etc. Show command is issued to verify the configuration set on the router.
1. Enter into system hierarchy on R1
2. Set the router hostname as Router1, domain-name as router.net, root-authentication as vhvc#!, name-server as 10.148.2.32, backup-router as 192.168.2.34/24
3. Exit from system hierarchy and enter into interfaces hierarchy
4. Set the IP address on all the four fixed Gigabit Ethernet ports of J-Series router
5. Commit the configuration
6. Issue show configuration to verify the configuration set on the router.
7. Issue show interfaces brief command to display brief information about all interfaces configured on the router.
8. Issue show interfaces terse command to display summary information about interfaces.
GUI Based :
1. Select device R1 from Select device drop down box
2. Click Configure button that enables left navigation pane
3. Select System properties -> System Identity.
4. The System Identity Configuration details screen appears click Edit button.
5. The Edit System Identity screen appear and in hostname field enter hostname as Router1 , Domain-name as router.net in Domain-name field , root-authentication as vhvc#! in Root password field , name-server as 10.148.2.32 in DNS Name server field , backup-router as 192.168.2.34/24 in Back-up router field and click OK button.
6. Select Interfaces -> Interface Configuration from left navigation pane
7. Interface configuration screen appears select ge-0/0/0 interface from available interface list and click Edit button and in the Configure Interfaces screen appears set the ip address and prefix length as per the above IP address table and click OK button.
8. Repeat step 7 to assign ip addresses to ge-0/0/1 , ge-0/0/2 and ge-0/0/3 interfaces.
9. To view show output click Monitor button that enables left navigation pane of Monitor button
10. Click Interfaces -> Interfaces brief to check “show interfaces brief” output
11. Click Interfaces -> Interfaces Terse to check “show interfaces terse” output
12. To view show configuration click Configure button that enables left navigation pane of configure button.
13. Click CLI Tools ->CLI viewer to view “Show configuration” output.
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Juniper Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI Interface.