Description: The lab exercise explains pinging between two work stations
Note : Two workstations or client PC can communicate with each other using a
CrossCable. Note that a straight Ethernet cable is used for connecting a workstation (or a host) to a Switch or Hub,
whereas a cross Ethernet cable is used for connecting a host to host or a switch to switch or
workstation to workstation directly.
1. Click network diagram button and select device WS1 from network diagram.
2. And in WS1 prompt enter 192.168.1.3/24 as ip address and 192.168.1.1 as default-gateway
3. Select device WS2 from network diagram and configure ip address 192.168.1.2/24 and defaultgateway
4. Ping WS1 from WS2 and it should be successful for verifying proper configuration.
GUI Based :
1. To assign ip address to WS1 select WS1 from Select device drop down , and click PC IPV4
properties from left navigation pane
2. PC IPV4 properties window appears , click option button Use the following ip address , ip
address will get enabled and enter ip address as 192.168.1.3 , mask as 255.255.255.0 and
default-gateway 192.168.1.1 and click OK button.
3. To assign ip address to device WS2 , select the device WS2 from left navigation pane and
click PC IPV4 properties from left navigation pane
4. PC IPV4 properties window appears , click option button Use the following ip address , ip
address will get enabled and ip address as 192.168.1.2 , mask as 255.255.255.0 and defaultgateway
192.168.1.1 and click OK button.
5. To ping from WS1 to WS2 or WS2 to WS1 click trouble shoot button to enable the
Troubleshoot left pane select Ping Host from left pane Ping/traceroute window appears enter
the ip address 192.168.1.2 in the Ping field and click OK button.
6. Repeat step 5 for device WS2
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Juniper Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI