Description: The lab exercise explains configuration source NAT based on given set of instruction.
1. Create a source NAT pool srcnatpool1
2. Create a source NAT pool srcnatpool2 with no port translation.
3. Create source NAT rule set rs1 with rule r1 to match packets with a source IP address in the 10.10.1.0/24 subnets. For matching packets, the source address is translated to an IP address in the srcnatpool1 pool.
4. Apply rule r2 to match packets with a source IP address of 192.168.1.2/24. For matching packets, there is no NAT translation performed.
5. Rule r3 to match packets with a source IP address in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. For matching packets, the source address is translated to an IP address in the srcnatpool2 pool.
6. From operational mode enter show security nat source summary
|Original Source IP
||Translated Source IP
||220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 (no port
||no source NAT translation
GUI Based :
1. Select device R1 from Select Device drop down box
2. Click Configure button and select NAT > Source NAT Pool from left navigation pane
3. Source NAT Pool Configuration screen appears configure pool name as srcnatpool1 and address
range 192.0.0.1/24 to 22.214.171.124/24 and click Add button to add the configuration to list
4. Enter another pool address with pool name as srcnatpool2 and address range as 126.96.36.199/24 to
188.8.131.52/24 and click Add button.
5. Click OK button.
6. Select NAT -> Source NAT from left navigation pane.
7. Source NAT configuration screen appears enter ruleset name as rs1 , rulename r1 , from zone trust ,
to zone untrust , source address 10.10.1.0/24 , destination address 0.0.0.0/0 and select poolname
srcnatpool1 from drop down and click Add button.
8. To apply second rule change the rulename to r2 , source address 192.168.1.2/24 , detination address
0.0.0.0/0 and in Then condition select Turn Off Source NAT option button and click Add button
9. To apply third rule change the rule name to r3 , source address 192.168.1.0/24 , destination address
0.0.0.0/0 and in the condition select pool name option button and select srcnatpool2 from poolname
drop down box and click Add button
10. After configuring three of the NAT rules click OK button.
11. To view source NAT summary click Monitor button and select NAT > Source NAT Summary from
left navigation pane
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Juniper Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI