Description : This lab exercise demonstrates vtp domain concept in VLANs. i.e with non-matching domains set up on the two switches and see that vlan info is not propagated between the switches, correct the configuration and verify the same.
1. Enter into database mode on SW1,
set the mode to server and domain to cisco and create VLANs 10, 20 and
2. Issue show vlan command on SW1 and check the VLAN information
3. Configure SW2 as client and set its domain to ciscosys
4. Configure port fa 0/11 on SW1 and SW2 as trunk ports
5. Issue show vlan on SW2 and in the response VLAN information on SW1 will not be displayed even after trunk is configured between the two switches because the switches are configured with different domains, so VLAN information is not propagated from SW1 to SW2
6. Correct the configuration on SW2 by setting its domain name same as on SW1 i.e, cisco
7. Issue show vlan command on SW2 and see that the VLANs created on SW1 are seen
8. Also view VTP information by issuing show vtp status command on SW2
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Lab Simulator For Network+ software for complete lab with commands.
Cert-Ex™ Exam Simulators, Cert-Ex™ Network Simulator, Cert-Ex™ Cheatsheets are written independently by CertExams.com and not affiliated or authorized by respective certification providers. Cert-Ex™ is a trade mark of CertExams.com or entity representing Certexams.com.Network+™ is a trademark of CompTIA® organization.