Description: To assign vty password for a switch for vty lines 0 to 15, choose 2950 switch from the N/W diagram, and use the following commands.
Note: The password "virtualpass" is assumed. You can use any other password.
1. Enter global configuration mode.
2. Enter line sub-configuration mode for virtual terminals 0 to 15.
3. Assign virtual terminal password "virtualpass" to lines 0-15.
4. Enable the switch to use the password for telnet access.
5. Exit line sub-configuration mode.
6. Exit to privileged mode.
2950(config)#line vty 0 15
PS: You can also use short form commands.
Cert-Ex™ Exam Simulators, Cert-Ex™ Network Simulator, Cert-Ex™ Cheatsheets are written independently by CertExams.com and not affiliated or authorized by respective certification providers. Cert-Ex™ is a trade mark of CertExams.com or entity representing Certexams.com.Network+™ is a trademark of CompTIA® organization.