CertExams.com Simulator Lab Exercises Answers
Viewing Host Table Entries
An exercise to
get familiar to the host table. Host tables can be used to set names
for commonly used IP addresses, which helps with troubleshooting.
1. Connect to router1 and set hostname to cairo
2. Enter into global configuration mode of router1
3. Set IP address of Serial 0/0 as 18.104.22.168 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 and enable its
4. Configure to router2 and set hostname to sairo
5. Enter into global configuration mode of router2
6. Set IP address of Serial 0/0 as 22.214.171.124 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 and enable its
7. Exit interface mode
8. Set a host table entry for cairo using the IP address 126.96.36.199 which avoids you to type
cairo‘s Serial 0/0 IP
address every time you ping it from sairo
9. Now ping cairo’s Serial 0/0 IP address from sairo just by typing ping cairo
10. Now enter “show hosts” command to verify that the entry is stored in the router’s host table.
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Network Simulator software for complete lab with commands.