Connect to Router 1, and enter the command show arp to view the ARP
Enter into global configuration mode of Router 1
IP address of Ethernet 0 as 192.168.100.1 and subnet mask as
the ARP table again
Connect to Router 2 and enter into global configuration mode
IP address of Ethernet 0 as 192.168.100.2 and subnet mask as
connection should now exist between the Router 1 and Router 2 Ethernet
interfaces. To ensure that the
connection is functional, ping the IP address of Router 1’s Ethernet 0
IP address from Router 2
the ARP table on Router2
Clear the ARP table
View the ARP table once again after clearing
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Network Simulator software for complete lab with commands.
GUI Based :
Description: This lab is to view the entries in the ARP table. Firstly the ARP table is checked before configuring the routers and then the ARP table is verified again after routers are configured.
1. Select the device R1 from Select Device drop-down box. Click Configure button,this enables left navigation pane.
2. Click View > IOS show commands and select show ARP command from the drop-down box andclick show button
3. Click Interface Management > Interface and Connection from left left navigation pane.
4. In Edit Interface Connection screen select Ethernet 0 interface and click edit
5. In the Interface feature edit dialog enter the Ip address 192.168.100.1mask address as 255.255.255.0 and Select enable the interface status drop down box and click OK button.
6. Select the device R2 from Select Device drop-down box and repeat the steps 2-5 for router R2 with ip address 192.168.100.2 255.255.255.0
7. View the ARP table by using View > IOS show command “show ARP”.
8. You can check the connectivity by using Utilities > Ping and Traceroute from left navigation pane.
9. Ping and Traceroute screen appears enter destination ip address as 192.168.100.1 in Destination field and click ping button.
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI Interface.