CertExams.com Simulator Lab Exercises Answers
Console Based :
Description: This lab is to view the entries in the ARP table. Firstly the ARP table is checked before configuring the routers and then the ARP table is verified again after the routers are configured.
1. Connect to Router 1, and enter the command “show arp” to view the ARP table
2. Enter into global configuration mode of Router 1
3. Set IP address of fastethernet 0/0 as 192.168.100.1 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0
4. View the ARP table again
5. Connect to Router 2 and enter into global configuration mode
6. Set IP address of fastethernet 0/0 as 192.168.100.2 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0
7. A connection should now exist between the Router 1 and Router 2 Ethernet interfaces. To ensure that the connection is functional, ping the IP address of Router 1’s fastethernet 0/0 IP address from Router 2
8. View the ARP table on Router2
9. Clear the ARP table
10. View the ARP table once again after clearing
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Network Simulator software for complete lab with commands.
GUI Based :
1. Select the device R1 from Select Device drop-down box. Click Configure button, this enables left navigation pane.
2. Click View > IOS show commands and select “show ARP” command from the drop-down box and click show button
3. Click Interface Management > Interface and Connection from left navigation pane.
4. In Edit Interface Connection screen select fastethernet0/0 interface and click edit
5. In the Interface feature edit dialog enter the Ip address 192.168.100.1mask address as 255.255.255.0 and Select “Enable” from interface status drop down box and click OK button.
6. Select the device R2 from Select Device drop-down box and repeat the steps 2-5 for router R2's fastethernet0/0 ip address as 192.168.100.2 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0
7. View the ARP table by using View > IOS show command “show ARP”.
8. You can check the connectivity by using Utilities > Ping and Traceroute from left navigation pane.
9. Ping and Traceroute screen appears enter destination ip address as 192.168.100.1 in Destination field and
click ping button.
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI Interface.