Description: To assign vty password for a switch for vty lines 0 to
2950 switch from the N/W diagram, and use the following commands.
Note: The password
"virtualpass" is assumed. You can use any other password.
1. Enter global configuration mode.
2. Enter line sub-configuration mode for virtual terminals 0 to 15.
3. Assign virtual terminal password "virtualpass" to lines 0-15.
4. Enable the switch to use the password for telnet access.
5. Exit line sub-configuration mode.
6. Exit to privileged mode.
PS: You can also use short form commands.