CertExams.com Simulator Lab Exercises Answers
Console Based :
Description: Set keep-alive on an interface.
Syntax: keepalive <timer-value>
timer-value The number of seconds this router waits before sending the next keepalive message to a peer. Valid values are integers from 0 to 32767.
Description: Keepalive messages check the health of a link. The keepalive timer is the number of seconds a router waits between sending keepalive messages to a peer. If no response from the peer is received, the local router retransmits the keepalive message up to five times. If no response is received from the peer, the local router brings down the link and withdraws the route from the routing table.
1. Enter into Interface serial 0/0 config mode
2. Set keepalive Parameter of interface serial 0/0 to 15 seconds
3. Type the show command to see that keepalive parameter of interface serial 0/0 is set with 15
R1(config)#interface serial 0/0
R1#show interfaces serial 0/0
GUI Based :
1. Select the device R1 from Select Device drop-down box. Click Configure button, this enables left navigation pane.
2. In the left navigation pane Click Interface Management > Interface and Connections this displays Interface and Connections screen. Click Edit Interface Connection tab.
3. Select S0/0 interface from the Interface list and click Edit button.
4. In the interface feature edit screen set the keepalive 15 in the keepalives field and click OK button
5. Click View > IOS show commands from left navigation pane and select “show interface serial” from show command drop down box you will be prompted with port number , enter the port number 0/0 and click show button.
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI Interface.