Console Based :
Title: Router Interface Configuration
Description: In this lab, you configure serial 0 and ethernet 0 interfaces
on a router with specified ip address and subnet mask. Choose R1 in the network
diagram and exit.
1. Enter into privileged mode
2. Enter into global Configuration Mode
3. Set ip address of serial 0 as 22.214.171.124 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.5
4. Set ip address of ethernet 0 as 126.96.36.199 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.10
GUI Based :
Description: In this lab, you will learn to enable interfaces on a router i.e, configure Serial 0 and Ethernet 0 interfaces on a router with specified IP Address and Subnet Mask.
1. In the left navigation pane Click Interface Management > Interface and Connections this displays
2. In the Create Connection tab select serial 0 interface and click Create New Connection button.
3. In the Serial0 wizard click next.
4. Select Serial 0 from the available Interfaces option and click Next.
5. Choose the encapsulation type for the serial 0 interface if needed and click Next.
6. Specify the static IP address with the corresponding subnet mask for the interface and click Next.(IP address 188.8.131.52 and Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.5)
7. Configure the default routing with optional parameters such as the next hop IP address (192.168.1.2 as per network diagram) supplied by the ISP and click Next.
8. Configuration Summary screen appears click finish.
9. Command Delivery Status window appears Click OK button
10. Repeat the steps 1-8 for Ethernet 0 interface (IP address 184.108.40.206 and Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.10
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI Interface.