Description: You set the router host name. Go to N/W diagram and choose device R1.
Note that you can also use short form commands such as "conf
term" in place of full command "configure terminal".
1. Enter into privileged mode
2. Enter into global Configuration Mode
3. Set hostname as cisco.
You can give “show running-config” command to check the output ,where hostname changed to
cisco from R1
Description: This basic exercise illustrates the steps required to set a hostname to a router.
1. Select device R1 from Select device drop-down list.
2. Click Configure button, this enables left navigation pane.
3. In the left navigation pane Click Router > Router Options .
4. This displays Additional tasks screen with Device Properties . In device properties list select Host Name and click Edit button.
5. Device properties screen appears, enter Host Name in HostName field and click Save button.