Description: This lab exercise demonstrates
setting keepalive timers.
1. Enter into configuration mode.
2. Set keepalive interval as 1000, down count as 12 and up count as
12 of interface so-0/0/0.
GUI Based :
Description: By default, physical interfaces configured with Cisco HDLC or PPP
encapsulation send keepalive packets at 10-second intervals, use this lab to disable the sending of
keepalives and then enable it back on interface so-0/0/0.
1. Select device R1 from Select device drop down box
2. Click Configure button that enables left navigation pane
3. Select Interfaces -> Interface Configuration
4. Interface configuration screen appears select so-0/0/0 interface from available interface list and
click Edit button.
5. The Configure Interfaces screen appears. Set keepalive interval as 1000,down-count as 12 and
up-count as 12 in Keepalives fields and click OK button.
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Juniper Network Simulator software for complete lab with GUI